The iPhone 4S will be available in Canada on October 14, 2011, at major carriers including Rogers, Bell, TELUS, Virgin Mobile & Fido (pre-orders available online beginning October 7). Pricing to be announced (we expect pricing similar to the US suggested retail price - $199/16GB, $299/32GB and $399/64GB).
iPhone 4S Features
- Operating system iOS 5
- Thin glass and stainless steel design
- Siri (intelligent assistant) & integrated iCloud services
- Dual-core A5 chip delivers up to twice the processing power and up to seven times faster graphics than iPhone 4
- 8 MP camera with improved features including custom lens, f/2.4 aperture and advanced hybrid IR filter
- Record video in full 1080p HD resolution (with video image stabilization feature)
- Crisp, vivid display - the Retina display is the highest-resolution phone screen ever
- Over 200 new features with iOS 5 including Notification Center, iMessage, Twitter Integration, Reminders, Photos, Camera Enhancements, Newsstand, Safari and PC Free
- FaceTime - hear a voice and see the face that goes with it — iPhone to iPhone, iPad 2, iPod touch, or Mac over Wi-Fi
- AirPlay - wirelessly stream what’s on your iPhone to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV
- AirPrint - print your email, photos, web pages and documents right from your iPhone over Wi-Fi
- Dual-antenna design: automatically switches between the two antennas to send and receive - iPhone 4S now supports twice the download speed with HSDPA of up to 14.4 Mbps and iPhone 4S is a world phone, so both CDMA and GSM customers can now roam internationally on GSM networks
Siri is an intelligent assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. Siri understands context allowing you to speak naturally when you ask it questions, for example, if you ask “Will I need an umbrella this weekend?” it understands you are looking for a weather forecast. Siri is also smart about using the personal information you allow it to access, for example, if you tell Siri “Remind me to call Mom when I get home” it can find “Mom” in your address book, or ask Siri “What’s the traffic like around here?” and it can figure out where “here” is based on your current location. Siri helps you make calls, send text messages or email, schedule meetings and reminders, make notes, search the Internet, find local businesses, get directions and more. You can also get answers, find facts and even perform complex calculations just by asking.
iCloud is a breakthrough set of free cloud services, including iTunes® in the Cloud, Photo Stream and Documents in the Cloud, that work seamlessly with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC to automatically and wirelessly store your content in iCloud and push it to all your devices. When content changes on one device, all your other devices are updated automatically and wirelessly.