The much anticipated Sony Xperia Z has now landed in Canada. Available exclusively at Bell, the LTE capable device is being touted for its water resistance (can last 30-minutes under freshwater without damage), tough design (the housing is made from glass fibre polyamide - a metal substitute for car parts), dust-resistance, and durable glass - complete with anti-shatter film. Sony also recently made an announcement that the Xperia Z is slated for an upgrade to the latest version of Jelly Bean (Android 4.3). The Xperia Z - get it in black, purple or white - is available now at Bell from $149.95 with a 3-year Voice & Data Plus plan.
Bell Sony Xperia Z Pricing
- $149.95 with a 3-year contract
- $149.95 with a 2-year contract
- $649.95 with no contract
Sony Xperia Z Features
- LTE capable device
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- Available in Black, Purple or White
- Water-resistant (IPX5/7) & Dust-proof (IPX5)
- 13 MP camera with Exmor RS™ (image sensor with HDR video)
- 5” full HD Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
- OptiContrast™ & Direct Touch for a less reflective, more responsive display
- Adreno 320 GPU (graphics processing unit) for fast gaming and stutter-free web browsing
- Battery STAMINA Mode for improved battery life
To read our previous new story, and see the promotional videos, please click here.
There are currently five Sony Xperia devices available in Canada at the major carriers¹, to compare them all, please click here.
For full Sony Xperia Z features, specifications, downloads and reviews, please click here.
¹ Also available is the Sony Xperia L at Videotron, but is not included in this comparison.