Bell has announced they will be exclusively launching the Sony Xperia Z2 this coming May. Sony unveiled their new flagship smartphone at the Mobile World Congress 2014 last February, and though it has been available in other countries, it has yet to make an appearance in North America.
Pricing has not been announced, but pre-registrations start today - and come along with the added bonus of automatically being entered to win one of five free Sony Xperia Z2s. Future owners of the Z2 will also be able to download Michael Jackson's XSCAPE (a posthumous compilation album of previously unreleased tracks) free of charge through the Xperia Lounge app. Although the device is being produced in purple and white, at this time Bell is only slated to carry the black.
Sony Xperia Z2 Features
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- 5.2” Full HD TRILUMINOS Display for mobile with X-Reality for mobile picture engine
- 4K video capture with a large 1/2.3” 20.7 MP Exmor RS for mobile image sensor, Sony’s award-winning G Lens and the intelligent BIONZ for mobile image-processing engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 16 GB internal memory, expandable, with 3 GB RAM
- Water-proof and dust-resistant (IP55 & IP58 certification)
- One-piece aluminium frame with glass panels design