The all new HTC One (M8) began launching at select carriers today. There has been some confusion over release dates, here's what we have determined: TELUS officially announced it's availability on Google+ this morning. Bell had released an internal document that the date was being pushed back to the 15th, but the phone is available to order online, and after talking to a rep we've confirmed it's available in-store as well. You can order now through SaskTel, Rogers only has the option to reserve, while WIND, Koodo & Virgin [Update: Virgin Mobile will not be carrying the device] are still listed as coming soon.
This highly anticipated device has been receiving great reviews. Here's a recap of its top features:
HTC One (M8) Features
- High quality metal unibody finish and stacked internal components for a thinner design.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.3 GHz quad-core Krait CPUs.
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS with the all-new HTC Sense 6 user interface.
- Duo Camera that features HTC’s innovative HTC UltraPixel module, a dual flash and full 1080p HD video recording.
- Zoe in the cloud: Zoe will evolve into a cloud based service in 2014. The new Zoe app will be available for download through Google Play in the summer.
- Motion Launch – convenient gesture controlled shortcuts.
- Extreme Power Saving Mode – extra standby time at no extra cost.
- HTC BoomSound, with dual frontal stereo speakers, a new amplifier and redesigned speaker chambers, it delivers sound that is 25% louder than the HTC One (M7).
- A more intuitive HTC BlinkFeed with with continuous scrolling, adaptable tiles and a new layout.
- Pre-loaded Fitbit app, so you can get healthier and stay motivated.
- Available in Gunmetal Grey, Glacial Silver, and coming to Rogers mid-May in Amber Gold.
To compare the HTC One (M8) to its predecessor, the HTC One (M7), click here.
For full HTC One (M8) features, specifications, images, downloads and reviews, click here.