PC Mobile is a prepaid mobile phone service well-known for having the same network as Bell, providing service to more than 99% of the population in Canada. PC Mobile is also valued for having no contracts or hidden fees, and not requiring credit checks.
PC Mobile Plans
PC Mobile has six different plans ranging in price from as low as $10/month to more than $50/month. PC Mobile refers to all of their plans as “nice” plans because each offers:
- Canada-wide calling
- Call display
- Call waiting
- Call forwarding
- 3-way calling
- Incoming standard text messages.
PC Mobile’s plans differ in the amount of texts, calls and data that you get with each plan.
PC Mobile gives you the option to customize your plan with an add-on. If you choose to purchase an add-on, the extra fee will be applied every month, regardless of whether or not you used the add-on feature during a given cycle.
These are the different add-ons that are available:
- Talk add-ons to add more call minutes to your plan
- Data add-ons for plans costing $45 and lower
- Data add-ons for the $55 plan
- Travel add-ons
PC Mobile Phones
PC Mobile does not typically have newer phones or iPhones. The carrier mainly offers older, more budget-friendly phones for its services. Phones range in price from under $100 to around $200.
PC Mobile phones include:
Because PC Mobile is a prepaid service provider, you need to pay for your phone upfront as there are no monthly installment plan options.
PC Mobile Deals
PC Mobile frequently offers deals and promotions such as Bonus Data, so if you are interested in having service with them, make sure to check frequently to see what their current specials are.
Top Up Your Account
Another popular feature that PC Mobile offers is “Top Up”. With Top Up, you won’t have to stress about running out of minutes, because PC Mobile allows you to add to your account in a few different ways:
- Auto-Allowance: When you sign up for Auto-Allowance, PC Mobile will automatically top-up your account with more minutes on the date of your anniversary or when your account balance drops below $5—you choose the amount!
- Express Top Up: If you need more minutes in a pinch, dial #1234 from your PC Mobile phone and you can register for an express top-up.
- Top Up Cards: Top Up cards are available at participating retailers where Presidents Choice products are sold. Once you buy a card, hold on to the receipt because you will need the PIN number on it in order to add minutes to your account.
Activate Your PC Mobile Account
Once you buy your PC Mobile phone, you will have to activate it either online or by phone before you can begin texting and calling.
Activate by Phone
Call 1-877-284-6361 to get your PC Mobile phone number and temporary voicemail password. Once you have these, your new phone is activated! You can call Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm or Saturday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Sunday from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm.
You can easily activate your new SIM online by visiting the PC Mobile website. A confirmation email with your PC Mobile phone number and temporary voicemail password will be sent to you within 24 hours. Once you have those, your phone will be activated!