The BlackBerry Z10 looks nothing like the BlackBerrys of the past, with a full touchscreen, and sleek iPhone-like appearance. And the officially re-branded (bye-bye RIM) BlackBerry features the new OS 10, BlackBerry's all-new mobile computing platform. Several carriers have enabled online pre-orders/pre-registrations (links below), and pricing is pretty standard across the board at the $150 mark for a 3-year contract, or $600-$650 contract-free.
BlackBerry OS 10 Features
- Peek and Flow into the BlackBerry® Hub - A new mobile computing paradigm where what matters to you is always only one swipe away.
- The BlackBerry® Keyboard - Understands and adapts to you, so you can type faster and more accurately.
- BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger) Video with Screen Share - Allows you to share things with the people that matter to them in an instant.
- BlackBerry® Balance™ technology - keeps your personal information separate and private from your work data. Switch between your profiles with one simple gesture.
- Camera with Time Shift Mode - Create the perfect shot every time - pinpoint and adjust elements of your picture to get the photo you want.
BlackBerry Z10 Features
- LTE compatibility
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- Download speeds up to 75 Mbps
- 16 GB internal memory with 2 GB RAM
- 4.2" capacitive, multi-touch, RGB Stripe LCD screen
- Wi-Fi, GPS, DNLA, HDMI, NFC and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity
- 8.0 MP camera with full 1080p HD video (+ 2.0 MP front-facing camera with 720p HD video)
- Available in black or white
BlackBerry Z10 Pricing
- TELUS: $149 with a 3-year contract (Reg. $650)
- Rogers: $139.99 with a 3-year contract (Reg. $599.99)
- Bell: $149.95 with a 3-year contract (Reg. $649.95)
- Fido: $350 with a 2-year contract (Reg. $600)
- Virgin Mobile: $149.99 with a 3-year contact (Reg. $649.99)
- Koodo Mobile: $150 on Tab (Reg. $550)
- SaskTel: $149.99 with a 3-year contract (Reg. $599.99)
WIND Mobile, Mobilicity, and Videotron will also be carrying BlackBerry 10 devices, but no pricing or dates have been announced. Availability at MTS begins March 2013 (no pricing available).
Pre-orders are now available on the following carrier websites (click the links to be re-directed to the carrier pre-order webpage):
For full BlackBerry Z10 features, specifications, images, downloads and reviews, please click here.
To compare the BlackBerry Z10 to BlackBerry's last two touchscreen devices, the Curve 9380 and the Torch 9860 (released all the way back in 2011), please click here.