Sony today announced that the Xperia ZL
will be heading to Canada this April! The Xperia ZL will be the most powerful Xperia device available in Canada when it arrives, and also the largest, measuring in with a 5" full HD 1080p Reality Display. The ZL is said to be launching on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, with a planned upgrade to 4.2, and features a powerful 1.5 GHz quad-core processor with 2 GB RAM, 13 MP Exmor RS camera and 1080p HD video capture (complete with Superior Auto and Noise Reduction), a 16 GB internal memory, and a shatter-proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass design. The Xperia ZL also features a pre-loaded WALKMAN, Album and Movies apps, as well as Battery STAMINA mode, which can improve your battery life 4x or more (depending on how many apps you use - the battery saver works by shutting down battery draining apps while the screen is off). It is slated to launch with multiple carriers, including Bell, Rogers, MTS, Videotron, Mobilicity and WIND Mobile.
Key Features for Xperia ZL
- Shatter-proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass design
- 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 2GB RAM
- 5", 1080 x 1920 pixels, full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIAŽ Engine 2
- 13 MP Fast Capture camera with Exmor RS for mobile, HDR video (1080p), Superior Auto and Noise Reduction to effortlessly capture razor sharp pictures and videos in any conditions
- Battery STAMINA mode improves standby time by at least 4 times
- Xperia ZL will launch on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)Sony's One-touch functions enable you to easily share music, photos and videos from your phone to an array of NFC-enabled Sony devices, including speakers, headphones and now TVs.
There are currently four Sony Xperia devices available in Canada, the Xperia U, Xperia ion, Xperia T and Xperia go. To compare these devices to the upcoming Xperia ZL, please click here
For Sony Xperia ZL features, specifications, downloads and reviews, please click here