Rogers Roaming Rates & Information – Prince Edward Island
Now Stay Connected Across Canada
When you travel in Canada on the Rogers network you will not incur roaming charges (only airtime and long distance charges as applicable).
- Make and receive voice and video calls to and from other Rogers customers with VoLTE ? in clear, natural-sounding audio
- Place a call and stay at lightning fast LTE data speeds when you browse the web or watch videos
- Connect more quickly with friends and family (you get a faster call connection time)
Post-paid customers with a LTE SIM card and a VoLTE-compatible phone can take advantage of this enhancement automatically. Customers with select features and services will not have access to VoLTE (eg. Rogers One Number?, Ringback tunes, Advanced Call Manager).
If travelling to an area in Canada where there is no Rogers coverage (such as the NorthWest Territories), the following roaming rates will apply on another wireless service provider’s network.
Travelling Outside of Canada
As soon as you leave Canada and enter a new country/area your device will automatically switch onto one of the wireless network providers in your destination. You will receive a welcome message from Rogers with some helpful information.
For US & International Dialing instructions, click here.
Data Usage for Smartphones
In the U.S.:
- For customers who have domestic Data Plans, data roaming in the U.S., Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands is $0.006 per KB, or approximately $6 per MB.
- If you subscribe to a Flex Rate domestic data plan, the U. S. data roaming is only $0.003 per KB, or approximately $3 per MB.
For international destinations:
- For Data usage to work, a network in the destination area needs to support GPRS data roaming.
- Data roaming for all international destinations is $0.03 per KB.
Pay As You Go Roaming
Ensure that your device is compatible with the GSM network frequency of the country you will be visiting. Please note your GSM phone or wireless hand-held must operate on a country’s listed frequency in order to make or receive calls.
Roaming is available in the U.S. with any Rogers GSM device. Local & international calling will be billed at $2.00/minute. Text messages will be billed at 75?/message sent and 20?/message received. Data will be charged as per data roaming pass (data increment 1KB).
GSM/wireless handheld frequency specifications
Emergency Calls While Roaming
Global networks around the world will recognize either 911 or 112 as the number to reach emergency services.
Customer Service While Roaming
Regardless of where you are in the world, Rogers Travel Desk is open 24/7 to assist and support you. Call toll free at +1-514-734-7699.
Note: Roaming usage is charged on a per minute basis and is rounded up to the next minute. All charges are billed directly to your Rogers Wireless account in Canadian funds. In unusual circumstances, calls may appear on your invoice up to 120 days after they were made. Data services are offered on a ‘per-Operator’ basis in countries where data roaming is available. This means your device may not automatically find an operator providing data services. In that case you will have to use the manual selection option (see user guide for your device) to find the operator(s) offering this service. Rates are subject to change. To contact Rogers Customer Service while overseas, please call +1-514-734-7699 free of charge from your Rogers Wireless phone.
Compare Other Rogers Plans:
- Rogers Infinite | Edge Financing?
- Rogers Infinite | Edge? 40 Tab
- Rogers Infinite | Edge? 30 Tab
- Rogers Infinite | Edge? 20 Tab
- Rogers Infinite | No Tab
- Add a Device to Your Plan
- Basic Phone Plans
- Mobile Internet Plans
- Rogers Infinite for Business
- Pay As You Go Plans
Other Rogers Add-ons
- Pay Per Use
- Voicemail & Features
- Handset Protection
- Long Distance
- Roam Like Home
- Pay As You Go Add-Ons
- Business Add-ons