SaskTel 4G & LTE Wireless Network Saskatchewan Coverage Maps
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why isn’t my device connecting to the SaskTel network?
Your device should display an LTE icon when you are connected to the high-speed network. If your device isn’t connecting (and you think it should) check these things:
- Make sure there is LTE service where you are. You can use the coverage map above to check.
- Make sure that your phone is LTE-capable. To find out, check your phone manufacturer’s website or look up your device on comparecellular.com and look for the network specifications of your phone model.
- If you are using an iPhone, make sure that you are running iOS 6.1 or newer.
- If you still can’t connect, visit a SaskTel Store or Authorized Dealer, or call 1-800-SASKTEL (1-800-727-5825) and technical support will help you.
How do I switch between SaskTel’s 4G and LTE networks?
Your LTE device should choose the LTE network as long as the LTE signal strength is good where you are and your device is in “idle” mode.
Your device will automatically go into idle mode when you haven’t used any data connections (such as apps, Internet, or streaming radio) for at least 8 seconds. (You can also put a device into idle mode by turning its airplane mode on and off.)
Your LTE device will automatically switch to the 4G network when you:
- Make a voice call
- Move into a spot where there’s no LTE signal
How do I avoid unexpected roaming fees when I travel internationally?
When you travel outside of Canada with your LTE phone, SaskTel will send you a text message to let you know what the standard retail roaming rates are for the area you’re in, so you won’t be surprised by unexpected roaming charges.
This service is FREE and is automatically provided to all SaskTel LTE customers. As soon as your phone registers on another country’s network, you’ll receive a roaming notification (even if you have your data services turned off). You are not charged any text messaging or data fees for these incoming messages.
The roaming device will be sent the roaming notification. The account holder will also be sent the notification when any device on the account is roaming outside of Canada.
There are two cases in which you could be paying a lower rate, which won’t be reflected in the notification:
- roam & RELAX Travel Add-Ons – If you have a Travel Add-On, your roaming rates could be much lower than what’s indicated in the text message, depending on which Add-Ons you are subscribed to.
- Unlimited Text Messaging – If your rate plan includes Unlimited Text Messaging, then you will not pay any charges for text messages sent and received while in Canada, the U.S., and parts of the Caribbean.
Will I still get a roaming notification if I am using a mobile internet stick?
If you have a mobile Internet stick or MIFI, you may not receive the roaming notification text messages, depending on how your device is configured.
I want to know more about SaskTel’s roaming rates.
No problem. There is detailed information about SaskTel roaming rates within Canada, in the USA, and internationally at our roaming section!